We are scheduling an online gathering for this Sunday, November 29th, at 14:00. Here are the details on how to join:
Join ICM Zoom Meeting
Worship & Fellowship – Nov 22, 2020 at 02:00 PM Rome
Meeting ID: 841 5994 5792
We will share prayer requests, pray, worship in song, and have a short discussion on Psalm 96 with an opportunity to ask questions. I have re-posted Psalm 96 on the podcast site – it is the first sermon listed. Please take an opportunity to listen to it before Sunday and consider the following questions:
1. From the sermon on Psalm 96, please try to define what the phrase “Christian hedonist” means?
a. Read Jeremiah 2:11-13. Why does God call the heavens to be appalled?
2. (Review Question) As we talked about repeatedly earlier in the year, what is the implicit invitation of God in Psalm 117 as He calls us to praise Him?
3. See Psalm 96:1-3. What are the first, second, and third characteristics of a Christian hedonist? What does that look like in a believer’s life?
4. From Psalm 96:4, why is God to be feared? How would you explain this to an unbeliever?
5. From Psalm 96:5. So, what do you think are the idols of modern man?
6. Give it some real thought - paraphrase or reword Psalm 96:6 in your own words.
7. From Psalm 96:7-9, what are the fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth characteristics of a Christian hedonist? How do these manifest in your life?
8. From Psalm 96:10,13, what do you learn about the judgment of God?
9. From Psalm 96:11-12, why is the created order so glad? See also Romans 8:19-22.
10. List all the characteristics of God you find in Psalm 96.
Hope to see you Sunday!
Jim & Karen