We are scheduling an online gathering for this Sunday, January 3rd at 15:00. Here are the details on how to join:
Join ICM Zoom Meeting
Worship & Fellowship – Jan 3, 2020 at 03:00 PM Rome
Meeting ID: 841 5994 5792
We will share prayer requests, pray, worship in song, and have a short discussion on part two of a New Year’s challenge. Please read our text for this week which is Judges Chapters 6 & 7. I have posted a New Year’s sermon on the podcast site – it’s the first sermon listed, entitled A Loving Shove Into 2021 – Part 2. Please take an opportunity to listen to it before Sunday and consider the following questions:
1. From our study of Kadesh-Barnea last week – how would you explain the following statement to an unbeliever or nominal Christian? “Un-risky disobedience is a risky thing.”
2. What do you learn from God’s statements in Genesis 18:14, Numbers 11:23, and Mark 10:27? How should we apply these truths in 2021? What should they look like in our lives?
3. From Judges 6:11-12, what is God doing in Gideon’s life? How does God do this in every believer’s life? What is God saying to you as you look into 2021?
4. From Judges 6:13-14, what does Gideon do? What does God do? What do you take away from this exchange?
5. From Judges 6:15-16, how does Gideon respond to God? How does God respond to Gideon? How can we incorporate God’s response into every circumstance of our lives? What do you think is the ultimate issue here for Gideon, for you, and for me?
6. From the sermon…What did you learn about asking for signs (see Judges 6:36-40)? As New Testament Christians, how are we different from Gideon in two important ways? (Challenge Question) What does the Bible say – how does faith come? Is it about signs?
7. From Judges 7:1-7, what is God doing in reducing Gideon’s militia? Any lessons?
8. From Judges 7:16-18, what do you think about the military strategy? What is God requiring of these men? What does God always expect from His people?
9. From Judges 7:22 and 8:12, God routes the enemy. Any take-aways?
10. Where do you need to specifically trust God and obey Him in 2021? Will you do it?
We love you…Happy New Year!
Jim & Karen