We are scheduling an online gathering for this Sunday, January 10th at 15:00. Here are the details on how to join:
Join ICM Zoom Meeting
Worship & Fellowship – Jan 3, 2020 at 03:00 PM Rome
Meeting ID: 841 5994 5792
We will share prayer requests, pray, worship in song, and have a short discussion on Hebrews 11:1-5. In addition to reading the text, please listen to the sermon posted on the podcast site entitled Outrageous Obedience. It’s the first sermon listed. Also, please consider the following questions:
- In Hebrews 11:1, God gives us His definition of faith. How does God define faith? What does His definition mean to you? Do you have this kind of faith?
- (Challenge Question) The old King James translates Hebrews 11:1 like this, “Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen.” How is faith substance? How is faith evidence?
- In verse 2, how did the men of old gain approval with God? What do we learn about faith from Genesis 15:1-6, Romans 3:21-28, Galatians 3:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10?
- How do you understand James 2:14-26?
- What connection do you see between Hebrews 11:3, Psalm 19:1-2 and Romans 1:18-21? What are we supposed to “read off” the creation? In beholding the created order, how should man respond? Why are men without excuse? How does Colossians 1:16 tie into all of this?
- Is our Christian faith reasonable? How is it reasonable? Why is it reasonable?
- Let’s back up just a bit, what do you learn from Hebrews 10:35-39? What do the righteous do and not do? (Personal) How is this exhibited in your life?
- Regarding Hebrews 10:35-36, what is our confidence? What is the reward of this confidence? How much endurance do we need? What has been promised?
- What does God tell you and me to do in James 1:22-27? What is God’s promise to those who do this? (Personal) Are you doing it?
- What is the breathtaking promise of Jesus Christ to those who are doers of the Word (See John 14:21)? Articulate what you think this means.
We love you!
Jim & Karen