We are scheduling an online gathering for this Sunday, January 17th at 15:00. Here are the details on how to join:
Join ICM Zoom Meeting
Worship & Fellowship – Jan 17, 2020 at 03:00 PM Rome
Meeting ID: 841 5994 5792
We will share prayer requests, pray, worship in song, and have a short discussion on Hebrews 11:6-12. In addition to reading the text, please listen to the sermon posted on the podcast site entitled Believing Rewarder-God. It’s the first sermon listed. Also, please consider the following questions:
- (Personal) From Hebrews 11:6, are you pleasing God? How are you living by faith? How does your life reveal that you believe that God is a rewarder of those who seek Him?
- There is a massive truth underlying this command of God to believe that “He is.” What is that truth and what is its importance? (See Exodus 3:13-14, Psalm 90:1-2 & 93:2, Jeremiah 10:10, Hebrews 1:12 & 13:8, Revelation 1:8 & 4:8)
- (Challenge) Let’s step back and think about this. What do you think is driving these men and women of Hebrews 11 to live such extravagant lives of faith? Are they doing it because they should or because they ought to?
- Are these guys in Hebrews 11 some kind of super Christians or is this what real, Biblical, saving faith is supposed to look like? Explain using other texts in the Bible.
- What was it that drove the Psalmists in their pursuit of God? (See Psalm 42:1, 63:1, 73:25, 143:6). What was this ultimately about? Is this true in your relationship with the Lord?
- In verses 7-12 we see genuine, functioning, Biblical faith. How did faith begin in the lives of Noah, Abraham & Sarah? What do we see God doing and what do we see Noah, Abraham and Sarah doing?
- What is one of the core truths of Biblical faith revealed in verses 9 and 10?
- What do you learn about genuine believers from John 17:16, Philippians 3:20, Colossians 3:1-4? How does this truth affect the way you live?
- (Personal) Where, in your life, do you need to simply exercise the faith God has given you? Where do you need to simply believe Him and obey Him?
C. S. Lewis, “If we read history we find that Christians who did the most in the present world were those who thought most of the next. Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in; aim at earth and you will get neither.”
We love you!
Jim & Karen