We are scheduling an online gathering for this Sunday, January 24th at 15:00. Here are the details on how to join:
Join ICM Zoom Meeting
Worship & Fellowship – Jan 24, 2020 at 03:00 PM Rome
Meeting ID: 841 5994 5792
We will share prayer requests, pray, worship in song, and have a short discussion on Hebrews 11:13-19. In addition to reading the text, please listen to the sermon posted on the podcast site entitled Living the Long View. It’s the first sermon listed. Also, please consider the following questions:
- What is God saying to us in Isaiah 55:1-2, Jeremiah 2:11-13, John 6:35 & 7:37? (Personal) How has this truth impacted your life?
- What do you understand verse 13 to be saying regarding these guys dying without receiving the promise? Can you relate this to the promise of 2 Corinthians 1:20?
- What does verse 13 call men and women who possess genuine, biblical faith? Explain what you believe this means.
- Being a “sojourner” is a theme in the Bible. See Genesis 23:4, Psalm 39:4-6, 1 Peter 2:11. (Personal) Is this a theme in your life? What does it look like in your life?
- How are the worldviews and lifestyles of Hebrews 11 compatible and consistent with what Jesus calls us to in Matthew 6:25-34?
- Hebrews 11:14 says men and women with genuine faith are “seeking.” What is the inexpressibly awesome promise of God in Deuteronomy 4:29, Jeremiah 29:13 & 33:3? (Personal) Are you expending energy on a daily basis to seek Him?
- (Challenge) In verses 13-16, what is fueling this all-out pursuit of God?
- In verse 16, what does God say about men and women who live their lives like this? Why do you think God says this?
- Verse 16 tells us God has prepared “a city” for us. What do you glean about this city from Revelation 21:1-22:5?
- Verse 17 speaks to Abraham’s offering of Isaac. See Genesis 22:1-18. Please try to image what was going on in Abraham’s heart and mind. How does a man obey God like that? (Personal) Will you obey God like this when your test of faith comes?
We love you!
Jim & Karen