We are scheduling an online gathering for this Sunday, February 21st at 15:00. Here are the details on how to join:
Join ICM Zoom Meeting
Worship & Fellowship – Feb 21, 2021 at 03:00 PM Rome
Meeting ID: 841 5994 5792
· Karen and I hope to fly to Milan this Saturday/Sunday. While we should be able to join the Zoom session, if we do not show up, it is because are still in transit and unable to sign in.
We will share prayer requests, pray, worship in song, and have a short discussion on Jude 1:1-4. In addition to reading the passage, please listen to the sermon posted on the podcast site entitled, Ambushed by the Text! It’s the first sermon listed. In addition, please consider the following questions:
- Jude calls himself a bondservant of Jesus Christ. See also Luke 2:25-29, Romans 1:1, Galatians 1:10, Philippians 2:7, Colossians 1:7 & 4:7, 2 Timothy 2:24, Titus 1:1, James 1:1, 2 Peter 1:1, Revelation 1:1. What are these men communicating when they call themselves a “bondservant” of God?
- In Luke 6:43-49, how does Jesus talk about this reality in the Christian’s life?
- (Personal) Do you see yourself as a bondservant of Jesus Christ? What are the implications of seeing ourselves in this light? Is He really Lord in your life? How is His Lordship manifested in your life?
- What do you understand Jude to be communicating as he calls believers “the called, beloved in God the Father and kept by Jesus Christ?” What insights do you glean from John 6:37-40, 10:25-30, Romans 1:6-7, 8:31-39, 1 Corinthians 1:22-24, 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24, 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14, 1 Peter 1:3-5?
- Try to articulate how you have personally experienced the reality of Jude verse 2 in your life since coming to Christ.
- From Jude verse 3, what has God called every Christian to do? See also 1 Corinthians 9:23-27, 1 Timothy 6:12, 2 Timothy 4:7. (Personal) How is this a reality in your life?
- From Jude verse 3, what is God communicating to us in the phrase “the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints?” What do you learn from Deuteronomy 4:2, 12:32, Proverbs 30:5-6, Revelation 22:18-19?
- To whom is Jude referring in verse 4? See also Matthew 7:15-19, 2 Corinthians 11:13-15, Galatians 2:4-5, 1 Timothy 4:1-3, 2 Peter 2:1-3, 2 John 7-11.
- What truth has God revealed to you in your study this week that you will now treasure and incarnate?
Jim & Karen