Sorry for last week. We will be on Zoom this week, Sunday March 28th. We will cover the same lesson we had planned for last Sunday. Here are the details on how to join:
Join ICM Zoom Meeting
Worship & Fellowship – March 21, 2021 at 03:00 PM Rome
Meeting ID: 841 5994 5792
We will share prayer requests, pray, worship in song, and have a short discussion on Luke 12:13-34. In addition to reading the passage, please consider the following questions:
1. Verse 15 contains the strongest warning from the lips of Jesus in all the New Testament. What is this warning about? Why do you think Jesus issues such a strong warning about this?
2. What do you learn from the parable in verses 16-21? What are some of the obvious errors in this man’s reasoning?
3. Related to question 2, what are some of the fundamental reason’s men think and live like this?
4. From verse 20, what is God’s view of this man’s actions? Do you agree with God’s assessment? Why?
5. (Personal) From verse 21, based upon your current lifestyle and future plans, at the end of your life upon the earth, will you be rich toward God?
6. What do you learn from the words of Jesus in verses 22-30? What specific sin is Jesus addressing in these verses?
7. From verses 29-30, why should the true Christian not worry about these things? (Personal) Do you believe it? Are you living it?
8. What is the amazing promise of God in verse 31? (Personal) Do you believe it? Are you living it?
9. From verse 32, why should we not be afraid? Who is God to the true believer and why does that give us confidence and assurance?
10. What do you understand Jesus to be saying in verses 33-34?
11. What do you take away from this passage? (Personal) How will you apply these truths in your life?
Hope to see you Sunday!
Jim & Karen