We plan to make an announcement soon on when we will begin to physically gather for worship…Please stay tuned!
We are scheduling an online gathering for this Sunday, May 9th at 15:00. Here are the details on how to join:
Join ICM Zoom Meeting
Worship & Fellowship – May 9, 2021 at 03:00 PM Rome
Meeting ID: 841 5994 5792
We will share prayer requests, pray, worship in song, and have a short discussion centered on Isaiah Chapter 40, built around the following questions:
- Read the chapter – Name at least three truths about God noted in the chapter. Which of these do you find to be particularly worship provoking? Which truth most significantly impacts the way you consciously live your daily life? Why?
- Isaiah says, “all flesh is grass.” From your knowledge of the Bible, how does God expand on this description of human life? Why is this important to understand all day, every day?
- What do we learn about the Word of God? See also Deuteronomy 8:3 and Matthew 4:4. What does this mean to you in a walking around, practical sense?
- From verses 10-11, (see also Exodus 15:3, Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:11) what do we learn about God in relation to His people? How does truth affect how you think and process life?
- From verses 12-13, what do we learn about the Creator and the scope of His genius, wisdom, and understanding? How does truth about Him affect you?
- What are the nations of the world before God? Thoughts?
- From verse 18, who is God’s peer or equal? What are the implications of this reality for mankind?
- What are the inhabitants of the earth as compared to God? Thoughts?
- What is the significance of Isaiah 40:25 for every human being?
- What does Isaiah mean that God’s understanding is ‘inscrutable?’ How does this truth about God encourage you right now, today?
- From verses 29-31, how does God enable His people? What does Isaiah say we must do to receive God’s strength? What does that look like in your life?
Jim & Karen