While there is no perfect solution for us as we seek to begin to gather again for worship, it seems best to resume our meetings at the church in Rozanno (Viale Toscana 46/8). This is the desire of a slim majority of the church. Moreover, the Anglican leadership has put additional restrictions (no congregational singing and no children’s class) on us regarding our meetings in their building. Due to scheduling issues with the church building in Rozanno, our first meeting there will be Sunday, May 30th at 17:30. I hope you will plan to join us!
For those of you who would like to continue to gather on Zoom, please note the new time for this Sunday, May 16th. We will meet at 14:00. Here are the details on how to join:
Join ICM Zoom Meeting
Worship & Fellowship – May 16, 2021 at 02:00 PM Rome
Meeting ID: 841 5994 5792
We will share prayer requests, pray, worship in song, and have a short discussion centered on Isaiah Chapter 42. This chapter contains some language and prophecy that is a bit cryptic. Our focus will be on the following questions.
- Compare Isaiah 41:4 with Exodus 3:14, John 1:1-2, and Revelation 4:8. What do you learn about God? What are the implications for mankind?
- What do you learn about God’s people from Isaiah 41:9-10? What are God’s commands and promises to His people in Isaiah 41:10? How do these truths impact you each day?
- Along with Isaiah 41:13-14, read Psalm 121, what commitment has God made to His people? How should this affect the way we think and live?
- Compare Isaiah 41:17-18 with John 7:37-38. Why is mankind so thirsty? Who is the solution to man’s raging soul thirst? How is this a reality for you? What is God saying to man in Isaiah 55:1-3 and Jeremiah 2:11-13? How does Psalm 37:4 fit into all of this?
- Read Deuteronomy 31:6 – What is the command? What is the promise? Thoughts?
- Read Jeremiah 32:40-41 – What are God’s promises to His people? Why will God’s people never turn away from Him? How committed is God to His people? Thoughts?
- Read Psalm 62:5-8 – What is David’s discipline before the Lord? How does he describe God’s faithfulness? What is the consequence of David’s hope in God? What does he instruct believers to do? Thoughts?
- Read Zephaniah 3:17 – What assurance does God give His people? What does God reveal about Himself? How does God describe His emotions relative to His people? Thoughts?
- Read Isaiah 54:10 and Hebrews 13:5c-6 – How does God talk about His love for His own? What assurance does God give us? Thoughts?
- Define ‘license.’ Why does every born-again Christian have it? How should this reality permeate our thinking and our living?
Jim & Karen