Please note, we are planning to gather for worship Sunday, May 30 at the church in Rozanno (Viale Toscana 46/8) at 17:30. Just like the old days! Hope you will plan to be there!
For this Sunday, May 23, we are planning a Zoom session. Please note the new time which is 14:00. Here are the details on how to join.
Join ICM Zoom Meeting
Worship & Fellowship – May 23, 2021 at 02:00 PM Rome
Meeting ID: 841 5994 5792
We will share prayer requests, pray, worship in song, and have a discussion centered on Isaiah Chapter 42. Our focus will be on the following questions.
- How many times does God mention ‘justice’ in Isaiah 42:1-4? Define justice. We all say we want to see justice done in the world. Do we want justice from God? Why?
- From Psalms 96:10, what is meant that God “will judge the peoples with equity?”
- From Psalm 97:1-6 and Psalm 98:9, what is associated with God’s righteousness and justice? What’s going on with the fire, lightnings, earth, mountains, and heavens? How will the “peoples” see His glory?
- How would you explain the God of Psalm 2:11, Psalm 93:1-2, and Psalm 99:1-3 to an unbeliever? What is God revealing about Himself? What do you love about this?
- From Isaiah 42:5, (for review) why do you think God often refers to creation in the Bible as we saw in the book of Job some weeks ago? How do the wonders of the created order affect you? Choose one aspect of creation and tell us why you marvel.
- How did Jesus fulfill Isaiah 42:7? See also Isaiah 61:1 and Luke 4:14-19. Do you really see? What do you see? Why does this matter? Are you really free? How are you using your freedom? Why does this matter?
- From Isaiah 42:8-10, what is this new song? See also Revelation 5:9-13. What do we learn about the Lamb from the Revelation passage? John Piper says, “We will sing forever about horrible things.” What is he saying?
- From Isaiah 42:13, how would you describe God as a warrior?
- What do you learn about God and about mankind from Isaiah 42:16 and 2 Corinthians 4:3-6? (Challenge Question) How would you relate the 2 Corinthians text with what Jesus says in John 7:17?
- From Isaiah 42:18-25, what do we learn about a backslidden, exiled, dispersed Jewish nation? What is the warning here for the church today?
Jim & Karen