Regarding Covid-19, John Piper is asked the question, “Is God punishing us?” In a 15- minute interview, you hear comments like (I’m paraphrasing) …
· There is a moral outrage in belittling God through indifference toward Him.
· Are we paying more attention to the minor details of life than we do our Creator?
· For many, this is a thunderclap of awakening.
· There are no rogue viruses.
· We have a close and attentive God.
· We know what to do when we don’t know what to do – pray.
You can listen to the whole interview at this link
Astonishingly, Piper has already published a very short book entitled Coronavirus and Christ. In the introduction, he writes, “…this is a time when the fragile form of this world is felt. The seemingly solid foundations are shaking. The question we should be asking is, Do we have a Rock under our feet? A Rock that cannot be shaken—ever.”
Here is the link to the audio-book and pdf
Chinelo, Joy, and Germari all seem to be doing well. Please continue to speak their names to the Father.
Please call us if you need us. We are praying for you.
We love you,
Jim & Karen